As part of the goal of consolidating Bogotá as an environmentally sustainable city that promotes the use of technologies and the conscious use of resources, in 2021 the Colegio de la Bici was inaugurated, a district educational institution for more than a thousand students who pone dentro de su enfoque pedagogico el uso de la science, la technology, la engineering, el arte, las matemáticas y las humanidades para la resolution de problemáticas locales.
It is located in the locality of Bosa and I am the first of its kind in Latin America that, in its institutional educational project, has the bike as a pedagogical action center for collaborative learning and integral training to promote sustainable mobility, la cultura vial, los estilos de vida saludable, el cuidado ambiental y las competencias ciudadanas en los estudiantes y sus familias.
Willington Gómez, rector of the institution, affirmed that “in the Colegio de la Bici we believe that teaching and learning need to be enhanced with technological tools and change in our pedagogical practices”.
Es por ello que a su enfoque de educación, se le suman las alliances generated with other entities and organizations that are articulated in the construction of a better society, contributing to the participative spirit of students and the community in programs, networks and projects like: Al colegio en bici, Ciempiés, Niños Primero, La Orquesta Filarmónica de Bosa, el Jardín Botánico y la conocida Escuela de la bicicleta.
Next, and trino en el que la Alta Consejería Distrital TIC comparte un video sobre el Colegio de la Bici:
From email @ColegiodelaBici🏫🚲 les contamos cómo through technology, students are strengthening their abilities to be at the vanguard of the Fourth Industrial Revolution #4RI. 💪🏽🧠👩🏻💻👩🏻💻 https://t.co/Cb3scALigipic.twitter.com/bjgv9jlBv7
— Alta Consejería TIC (@ConsejeriaTIC) October 25, 2022
Within its infrastructure, it has three training centers with the SENA, where the eleventh and eleventh grade students receive a double degree thanks to the spaces offered by the institution to develop capacities that respond to the fourth industrial revolution, such as: Mechanics básica para bicicletas de gama alta y gama media, Promoción en Seguridad Vial, Entrenamiento deportivo, Manufactura textil para ropa deportiva, Gestión de eventos culturales y mucho más.
Additionally, the Colegio de la Bici has clubs with a technological focus for all ages that encourage the active participation of their students, acquiring skills that are at the vanguard and allowing them to be linked to labor options when they finish their school education.
Es el caso del modelado e impresión 3D, programming, robotica y realidad mixta y aumentada. “These tools allow us to put into practice aspects of daily life and motivate us to continue studying because, in a very entertaining way, we are learning and contributing to society,” highlighted Oriana Garcés, ninth grade student.
A partir de esa apuesta por el trabajo comunitario, el Colegio de la Bici manages an integrador project que se encuentra adherido al 30% de todas las asignaturas base. This is why the students are looking for solutions to the problems of their environment through the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) approach, driven by the District Education Secretariat, which has awarded them 2 recognitions for their projects of great social impact luego de su participaron en la preparatoria de las Olimpiadas STEM en 2021.
Bogotá, Territorio STEM: formación de conocimiento y abilidades del Siglo XXI
Bogotá Territorio STEM is an initiative of the district administration that promotes the development of capacities, competences and skills of the fourth industrial revolution in more than 35,000 students. This guarantees the participation of public educational institutions in 4 programs:
· El Plan Saber Digital 4.0, which strengthens STEM learning environments in 200 colleges and improves science and technology capabilities in more than 60 managers, 12 million docentes, 2,250 family teachers or caregivers and 14,789 students at the district level.
· The Red STEM+Transforma that is currently made up of 60 female teachers who exchange experiences for the strengthening and transformation of learning environments with a STEM focus.
· The STEM Clubs, where 18 face-to-face sessions of work have been held in schools and educational experiences that contribute to facing current challenges through training in science and technology.
· Las Olimpiadas STEM que en su edición 2022 han contado con la participation de 694 equipos inscritos de 281 educative institutions, 508 docentes de las 20 localities, 321 padres de familia o cuidadores y 3,192 estudiantes.
In the actual version of the STEM 2022 Olympics, the Bicycle School has the participation of more than 280 students in the 10 work communities, with 4 of them in the final stretch of the 3 valid categories. Esto ha generated en los alumnos y docentes un espíritu de competence sana, en donde prima el trabajo collective y las grandes capacitas de niñas, niños y jóvenes para resolver retos públicos.
Te puede interesar: (¿Sabes qué son las Olimpiadas STEM? Aquí te contamos todos los detalles)
RUTA 100K: technological infrastructure for knowledge acquisition
La ‘Ruta 100K ¡Conéctate y aprende!’ es una estrategia que desde el 2020 contempla una intervention integral en estudiantes en condición de vulnerabilidad de colegios públicos, con el fin de cerrar la brecha digital en Bogotá. Esto se lleva cabo a partir de tres momentos:
· Acceso a dispositivos: la Secretaría de Educación has delivered more than 110 thousand equipments to students of 383 public colleges, this with the support of allies and articulados with the local mayors.
· Connectivity: from the delivery, 102,053 devices count with a free 3G and 4G Internet service for their academic and recreational activities that strengthen their educational process.
· Training for the development of digital skills: 51,354 students have received training on topics of digital security, proper use of social networks and TIC in general.
This initiative of the District benefited during the pandemic about 95% of the students of the Colegio de la Bici, with equipment for virtuality and training in front of the use and advantage for the development of the projects that are working inside the institution.
This educational institution represents the future of a sustainable society that integrates an intelligent territory and extends the invitation to all persons who are interested, as well as their students, to improve the quality of life of persons by taking advantage of technological tools and new focus of knowledge.
As a complement to the RUTA 100K, the Secretary of Education of Bogotá provides connectivity for students, teachers and administrative staff of 723 official schools, of which 675 are in urban areas and 48 are rural.